[Talk-us] Highway Shield Rendering

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 02:24:53 BST 2012

On 4/3/2012 8:49 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2012 3:15 PM, "Nathan Edgars II" <neroute2 at gmail.com
> <mailto:neroute2 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>  >
>  > That tagging is nonsense. There's no "Truck U.S. Highway" network,
> only a U.S. Highway network that includes truck-bannered routes.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't bannered routes pretty much the
> reason for the "modifier" tag?

Yes, they are, and I would not object to ref=17 modifier=Truck, except
that you run into problems with an alternate route that's signed with a
suffix - ref=70A with no modifier doesn't include the information that
it's a modified version of another route, and ref=70 modifier=A would be
unclear as to how the A modifies the 70 (it could be 70-A).