[Talk-us] Work to be done

Chris Lawrence lordsutch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 17:16:05 BST 2012

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Alexander Jones <happy5214 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The city boundaries near San Antonio probably have to be reimported. It's a
> nightmare to work with, and I don't have the requisite multipolygon
> experience to do such a major task.

The TX boundaries in general are a mess... it was my first attempt at
getting the city boundaries in general and it shows, alas.  I'll see
what I can do (I have a busy month but I can probably at least get
started).

> Also, the I-10 relation in Texas is way too big (over 2000 members). I
> likely could take care of this myself, but I'd like to know where I should
> split it.

Splitting into eastbound and westbound relations would help (and
probably needs to be done eventually for all the interstates anyway to
support directional signage in GPS apps correctly).  Beyond that...
I'd guess logical split points would be:

The I-20 split
Somewhere in San Antonio (either the north or south end of the I-35 multiplex).
I-45 in Houston

Chris