[Talk-us] Work to be done

Alexander Jones happy5214 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 17:12:17 BST 2012

Chris Lawrence wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Alexander Jones
> <happy5214 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The city boundaries near San Antonio probably have to be reimported. It's
>> a nightmare to work with, and I don't have the requisite multipolygon
>> experience to do such a major task.
>
> The TX boundaries in general are a mess... it was my first attempt at
> getting the city boundaries in general and it shows, alas.  I'll see
> what I can do (I have a busy month but I can probably at least get
> started).

There are three boundary relations for Baytown. ;)

>> Also, the I-10 relation in Texas is way too big (over 2000 members). I
>> likely could take care of this myself, but I'd like to know where I
>> should split it.
>
> Splitting into eastbound and westbound relations would help (and
> probably needs to be done eventually for all the interstates anyway to
> support directional signage in GPS apps correctly).  Beyond that...
> I'd guess logical split points would be:
>
> The I-20 split
> Somewhere in San Antonio (either the north or south end of the I-35
> multiplex). I-45 in Houston

Done. The way counts for the relations are as follows:

   Range   |Eastbound|Westbound
 NM - I 20 |   230   |   225
I 20 - I 35|   313   |   331
I 35 - I 45|   297   |   298
 I 45 - LA |   194   |   193

Perhaps the I-20 divider should be moved. Maybe to Fort Stockton?

Which one should I do next?

-Alexander