[Talk-us] tagging cul-de-sacs

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:06:49 BST 2012

On 4/10/2012 1:53 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> On 4/10/2012 11:31 AM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>> Another case is with a mini_roundabout - supposedly the center must be
>> flat. But many small circles that fit inside intersections are tagged as
>> mini_roundabouts even if they have a raised island.
>
> The wiki actually says 'there might be also a low, fully traversable
> dome'. Something like the examples in Mini-Roundabout Examples: Germany
> (Slide 10) on
> http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/intersection/roundabouts/roundaboutsummit/rndabtatt5.htm

And until recently it said that it *usually* does not have a physical
island in the middle:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:highway%3Dmini_roundabout&diff=747981&oldid=689543

I definitely consider this to be a mini_roundabout and continue to tag
it as such:
http://www.cityoforlando.net/transportation/TransportationEngineeringDiv/images/100_5738.JPG