[Talk-us] tagging cul-de-sacs

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Apr 10 19:32:24 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Martijn van Exel <mvexel at gmail.com> wrote:

> The wiki actually says 'there might be also a low, fully traversable dome'.

My test is "is it readily possible to drive over it?"  If yes, then
mini.  Otherwise, I treat it as any other median island.  A
theoretical North Ameircan "mini roundabout" would be a roundabout
with no center island other than a truck apron (that raised concrete
area you see on some large roundabouts to allow tractor trailers to
run it over safely as they turn, usually lower than the sidewalk,
higher than the road, and only for use by trailers off-tracking).