[Talk-us] Excellent progress, u.s.

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 04:13:07 BST 2012

> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:56:49 -0500
> From: toby.murray at gmail.com
> To: steveaOSM at softworkers.com
> CC: talk-us at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Excellent progress, u.s.
>
> I have noticed several people's remapping efforts in my live edit
> viewer. Over towards the east, I see long stretches of interstate
> around Columbia, SC have vanished from badmap.
I don't know who's doing that work in Columbia on the Interstates, but they are doing it wrong unfortunately.  While the ways aren't "tainted" anymore, all of the nodes are still.  Meaning that once the bot gets unleashed, the highways will still get "fucked-up".  It seems that they are just starting a new way and connecting each old node to the new way without at least moving the old node, which means if Lar created the node and nobody has moved it since, it still will get deleted and mess up the highway alignment. -- James