[Talk-us] Excellent progress, u.s.

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 04:23:28 BST 2012

On 4/16/2012 11:04 PM, James Mast wrote:
> I just saw this post on the rebuild list, so you guys might want to be a
> tad careful when you're doing cleaning work by creating a new way and
> keeping the old "tainted" nodes in it.
>
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/rebuild/2012-April/000206.html

Frederik is slightly exaggerating, in that it's OK to do so if all the
contributors of any data you're keeping have agreed to the CT, even if
you yourself have not surveyed or traced it. (Otherwise we'd have a
major problem whenever a way is split.) In fact I believe Frederik has
done this sort of copy-paste into a new object when the history of a
relation has become too large.