[Talk-us] trying to figure out the former path of a trolley line in Derry/Londonderry, NH

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Tue Aug 7 16:26:53 BST 2012

I'm updating parts of the map in my local area (Derry and Londonderry, NH)
and it looks like there was definitely a railroad of some kind here before.

There's a dirt path here:
This connects to a road called "Trolley Car Lane":

If you look at the Bing image layer, you can see a line of trees that run
behind 109 Hillside Avenue in Londonderry and then intersect Wyman Street
in Derry.  Apart from that I can't see any traces of the railway from the
aerial photos.

There aren't any plaques on the ground or anything to explain what was once
here.  Trying some internet searches, I can't seem to find any additional
information about this former railway.  Does anyone have any ideas about
where to look to find more information?

Thanks,
Peter