[Talk-us] non-round roundabouts

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Aug 7 16:52:32 BST 2012

Being locally familiar with the I 5 at Dike Access Road example, having a
single way in the middle of this dogbone interchange is appropriate (the
dogbone is not divided).  The ends of the dogbone are roundabouts, but all
traffic must turn out of the ring when approaching the underpass way. An
"only straight on" would be the right move, making a relation
"type=junction, junction=roundabout" on the roundabout ways for each
roundabout.

Having two ways in the middle would be appropriate for a true dogbone.