[Talk-us] New version of US redaction map

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Aug 14 04:21:38 BST 2012

On 8/13/2012 11:11 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
> It’s all CC BY-SA right now so you’d be okay now, but I think it’d be a
> problem in the future under both CC BY-SA and ODbL if you were mix the
> data in this way.

   I'd think this is not actually importing any information directly
from the redacted copyrighted CC BY-SA data: it's just using it to set
or clear a flag.

   Much as if you were heading out to do a survey, printed Google
navigation directions, and found that the Google directions are wrong
when you get there - you'd conclude "Mismatch", but still rely only on
survey and approved sources to create OSM data.