[Talk-us] Role of the Wiki

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Wed Dec 5 01:44:52 GMT 2012

Hi - N00b question here:

What's the role of the wiki as a source of information in the OSM community?

In my brief period here, I've been told things like this:

- For tags: RTFW
- For relations: do NOT read the wiki & HELL YES read the wiki
- Imports: the wiki's out of date
(Also - I've received information off IRC that conflicts with both email &
wiki)

In general, is there a method to when the wiki is or is not relevant?

I'm hoping it's relevant as OSM continues to grow - reading through old
email archives isn't super efficient (or clarifying).

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer