[Talk-us] parcel data in OSM

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Mon Dec 31 17:20:26 GMT 2012

On Dec 31, 2012, at 9:15 AM, Jeff Meyer <jeff at gwhat.org> wrote:
> My concern about this entire discussion is that the whole import vs community argument is employed even when there is a community behind an import.

… by people outside that community living on a different continent.

I mean, I wish I had time to go on the Timbuktu mailing list and tell them what to do but I have no idea what it's like to map there. I know well how painful it is to map gigantic grid cities in the US, it's not as fun as the UK's little cul-de-sac exploration and the scale is just completely different.

Steve