[Talk-us] parcel data in OSM

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:34:36 GMT 2012

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Jeff Meyer <jeff at gwhat.org> wrote:
> Why does "imports" mean "not crowdsourced," if the crowd determines which
> imports are source-able?

Crowdsourced means that we survey the data indivdually.

> Why doesn't public-domain data that the crowd has funded count as
> crowdsourced?

Because the folks collecting that data aren't part of our community;
they're often low wage, low skilled workers looking to do as little as
they can. That doesn't mean the data is all bad, but it's not from our
community.

That doesn't mean all imports are bad; in fact, I think some imports
can be good, but there is a distinction to be made.

- Serge