[Talk-us] User adding many Safeway grocery stores, with ref number in name

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Jan 9 18:47:50 GMT 2012

On 1/9/12 1:11 PM, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Metcalf, Calvin (DOT)
> <calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us>  wrote:
>>   as there is that brand tag,
> There's an operator tag. I've not seen "brand" as a tag.
brand is getting used heavily for gas stations, where it makes all kinds of
sense, given that gas stations in the US are largely franchise operations.
there's less need for a separate brand tag in cases where the stores are
largely company owned (as is generally the case with supermarkets.)
> operator=Safeway
> ref=XXXX
this works for me.

richard