[Talk-us] Getting ready for the license change

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 13 18:55:33 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 01/13/2012 06:39 PM, Peter Dobratz wrote:
> I agree that it makes more sense to clean up the map after the deletes
> from the license change have taken affect.  As far as I know, it's still
> being sorted out exactly which portions of the map will be deleted.

Personally, in the area I care for/about, my aim is for the OSMI license
change display to look like that of Dublin, or thereabouts, *before*
April 1st. For mappers in Dublin, the license change is done - they can
relax and map without bother. I envy them ;)

I will even pre-emptively delete stuff that I know would otherwise get
deleted automatically, because that way I am in control, I see what
happens, I see the side effects, and can repair where necessary. The
other option is waiting for some bot to do something and then try and
find out what happened afterwards.

Bye
Frederik