[Talk-us] Getting ready for the license change

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 23:16:39 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 01/14/2012 08:14 PM, Toby Murray wrote:
>>
>> I think this is an anonymous user. This was an option early in OSM
>> history that was done away with a while ago. They can still agree...
>> but obviously we have no way of contacting them
>

> Not correct; anonymous users are know to OSM with their e-mail address and
> user name, it's just that these details are never revealed through the API.

Right, which is exactly what is happening in this case, isn't it? User
name is simply not revealed to the deep history viewer or in the
/browse pages on osm.org. I was just saying that OSM used to allow
users to go anonymous with a checkbox but that option is no longer
available. It is however still honored for users who selected it back
when it was available.

Toby