[Talk-us] Invitation to speak to (or join with) non-commercial Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source Group

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:10:11 GMT 2012

Greetings, Mappers.   I'm the founder of the non-commercial and free
Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source Group, described here:

http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Automotive-Open-Source/

As a group that is seeking to promote open-source software and
hardware in the smart transportation sector, we share a lot of
interests and concerns with OSM, whose wonderful data we will
undoubtedly use.    I'm pleased to say that we now have nearly 100
members.

I have two reasons to contact you:

1. We are recruiting a speaker for March, and are wondering if someone
local to the Bay Area or passing through might be able to give a talk
about the project.    A few years ago I heard Sarah Manley speak, but
her email now bounces.    Would anyone like to volunteer?

2. Obviously, we invite anyone in the Bay Area to join the group.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Alison

--
Alison Chaiken