[Talk-us] LA and other license changeover challenged areas.

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:38:53 GMT 2012

Nathan wrote

>On 1/30/2012 7:05 AM, Nick Hocking wrote:

>> Be carefull with intersecting road Cypress Avenue, we can't recover the
>> cycleway tag unless you yourself have personal knowledge of this.

>The bike lane markings can (barely) be seen on Bing aerials.

Thanks for that Nathan,

Google street view clearly shows these markings as "Bike Lane" with an
arrow pointing ahead.  In all honesty I can't absolutely read this with
Bing aerials but knowing what these markings look like and their
position at the intersection, the Bing marking couldn't really be
anything else, (or could they?) Corner of Alice Street is about the
clearest one I can find.

So what is the consensus, is the Bing imagery adequete for an armchair
mapper to claim the cycle lane or could Google claim that I cheated.

Nick