[Talk-us] New Meetup for OSM in NYC

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Jul 5 18:29:12 BST 2012

On that note, on the first rainy day of the entire summer here in SLC,
I am announcing a date for our next SLC meetup which will be Saturday,
July 22nd! Details to follow on the meetup group and on the wiki, I
just conjured up this date because 1) my wife is away then and 2) it's
a Saturday.
By the way what do you find to be the best weekdays for meetups?
Weekday or weekend? I guess it depends also on if you plan to do any
mapping.

Best
Martijn

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's a new Meetup for OpenStreetMap folks in New York City!
>>
>> http://www.meetup.com/osm-nyc
>
> Huzzah!!!  Local OSM events are great fun.  Be sure to attend if you
> are at-all-local.
>
> Bravo and Thank you to Serge (NYC) and Martijn (SLC) for their efforts
> to improve the US local event scene.  Continued "mad props" to Deb
> (Denver) for maintaining the longest running, active US local OSM
> group.  (IIRC :-)  )
>
> Also, if you are an OSMer who travels, check for events in your
> destinations.  Meet local mappers in other places.  Great fun!  The
> next Toronto Mappy Hour is Monday, 09 July 2012.  Visiting OSMers also
> welcome.  :-)
>
> http://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Toronto/events/64341292/
>
> Best regards,
> Richard