[Talk-us] TIGER fixup and mapping "more"

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Jul 12 16:26:13 BST 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Robert Kaiser <kairo at kairo.at> wrote:

> Richard Weait schrieb:
>
>  Larger cleanups can be imposing at first glance.  Other mappers will
>> understand that a single mapper can't do everything at once, so you
>> shouldn't be criticized if you fix a few things but not others.
>>

> After having spent another vacation in the US (in Northern California this
> time), I started wondering if there should be a mass edit to switch all the
> highway=residential (or other highway values set en masse and mostly wrong)
> that are from TIGER imports and still on v1 objects to highway=road instead.

I like that idea, especially given the high number of obviously not urban
roads that would be better off tagged as track or unclassified getting
counted as residential (a more urban classification).  I'd be willing to
extend this idea to any way tagged tiger:reviewed=no still, regardless of
version number.