[Talk-us] Missing streets

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Thu Jul 19 17:01:58 BST 2012

         How did I get that idea? From other members who said that
data would be prerserved.
         The reason I had to rely on reports from other members was
that there was no information from those doing the redaction. They
sent out no notices about what would be done or how it would be done.
There was lots of speculation on the lists, but no actual
information. The schedule always was sketchy and uncertain, again
because nothing was announced until the last minute. April 1 came and
went and there were no updates about progress on the redaction or
when it would begin until a couple of weeks ago.
         In short, communication sucked. Apparently no one felt it
was important to let people know the details of what was happening.

--C

At 08:31 AM 7/19/2012, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Charlotte Wolter
><techlady at techlady.com> wrote:
> >
> >         This is how a section of burbank looks today. Where are4 the
> > supposed TIGER streets??
>
>How did you get the impression that the redaction bot was going to import?
>
>Also, some mappers chose to wait until the redaction bot ran to remap.
>  Others chose to remap in advance.  That's fine.  Why would you
>criticize them?

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.