[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Post bot cleanup

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Thu Jul 19 17:04:03 BST 2012

         Do you have any idea how big LA is? You can't just delete
huge sections of the San Fernando Valley and start over. Start over
from what? With no street names? That's just not feasible.

--C

At 08:37 AM 7/19/2012, you wrote:
>Charlotte Wolter wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> >          The damage in LA is much more severe: missing segments of
> > freeways, roads gone.
> >          I thought the bot was supposed to be "smart" enough to
> > subnstitute TIGER data when eliminating data by nonsigners. But that
> > has not been done. I am finding many streets (and not ones too new to
> > be in TiGER) that simply have been deleted. This is very
> > disappointing and, to my mind, wrongheaded. Poorly done!
> >          Why did the bot people never talk to anyone working on LA?
> > That would have been important since it is an area with so much damage.
> >
> > --C
> >

>I completely understand your point. I, on the other hand, prefer to work
>with a blank slate. I'd personally prefer an area with no streets to an area
>with several broken, disconnected roads. I honestly would end up just
>deleting them anyway.
>
>Just my two Lincolns.
>
>Alexander

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.