[Talk-us] LA part of the map essentially is unusable

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Thu Jul 19 23:33:22 BST 2012

Alan,

         Touche!  Yes, someone let us down and badly. Considering all
the work we did, to have this result is really dispiriting
         We need some tools so we at least can assess what needs to
be done. Has anyone started to work on, as at least started to think
about, the tool mentioned by Old Topo Depot earlier, one that would
show where changes were made? That sounded like a great idea.
         Also, did anyone answer my question about importing small
bits of TIGER for Burbank, the San Fernando Valley and South Cental?
         Meanwhile, I'm going back to sprucing up West LA. After all
that time spent in downtown and Glendale, I need a break. I also
can't bear the sight of Burbank or South Central.

Charlotte

At 12:47 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:
>At 2012-07-19 09:06, Robert Kaiser wrote:
>>Charlotte Wolter schrieb:
>>>          Having looked over the damage and deletions for the last hour,
>>>I feel the redaction has left the LA map essentially unusable. Huge
>>>blocks of streets are missing, including major roads and some sections
>>>of freeways.
>>
>>Sounds like there's a lot of work for the community to do. I'm sure
>>there is a community in LA with the knowledge to put data there
>>that is correct and license-clean. If not, a good chance to build it up! :)
>
>There was, yes. Even something that might be called momentum. There
>are those of us that put in literally blood, sweat, tears, and hard
>cold cash, who are not happy with the actions of those whose job it
>was to safeguard our work. That is all I will say.
>
>--
>Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at Earthlink.net>

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.