[Talk-us] LA part of the map essentially is unusable

Thu Jul 19 20:47:38 BST 2012

At 2012-07-19 09:06, Robert Kaiser wrote:
>Charlotte Wolter schrieb:
>>          Having looked over the damage and deletions for the last hour,
>>I feel the redaction has left the LA map essentially unusable. Huge
>>blocks of streets are missing, including major roads and some sections
>>of freeways.
>
>Sounds like there's a lot of work for the community to do. I'm sure there
>is a community in LA with the knowledge to put data there that is correct
>and license-clean. If not, a good chance to build it up! :)

There was, yes. Even something that might be called momentum. There are
those of us that put in literally blood, sweat, tears, and hard cold cash,
who are not happy with the actions of those whose job it was to safeguard
our work. That is all I will say.