[Talk-us] Post bot cleanup

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Thu Jul 19 23:37:17 BST 2012

Phil,

         Thanks for that info. But, why wasn't it sent out in a
general mailing to the members? Lots of people who work assiduously
on the maps can't stand the mailing lists (lots of sleep-inducing
argument about obscure details of tagging with no final resolution).

--C

At 01:41 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:
>* Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> [2012-07-19 14:22 -0600]:
> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Toby Murray
> <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Any other common problems that people have seen?
> >
> > Another thing I find is a lot of leftover stray nodes without any tags.
> > I select them in JOSM with type:node tags:0 -child and delete them in
> > one fell swoop.
>
>Eeek!  Be very careful with this!  The unconnected, untagged nodes were
>left deliberately to facilitate recreation of roads, particularly the case
>where a decliner split a TIGER way but did not change its geometry.  I've
>been making use of these nodes in South Carolina to reconstruct the roads
>there.

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.