[Talk-us] Map of bot node edits -- working on I 40

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Fri Jul 20 18:31:20 BST 2012

Hello,

         It was suggested that we tell the list which interstates we
are working on to avoid conflicts. Toby's new tool just alerted me to
issues on I-40 west of Flagstaff. Since I know that road well, I have
started work on them.
         I also did a lot of work on I-40 from Gallup to Flagstaff,
and that has fewer issues, so I'll do that next unless someone else
is working on it.
         Also, we probably should communicate about the interstates
using our OSM inboxes so we don't flood the list with stuff. I'm techlady.

Charlotte

At 11:57 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:
>Alright... I got something running.
>
>http://ni.kwsn.net/~toby/OSM/maps/redaction.html
>
>It is a map that shows all nodes (but ONLY nodes) touched by the bot
>in the US and Canada. Actually I thought I was doing only the lower 48
>but apparently Maperitive decided that I wanted more. I think it cuts
>off at about 67 degrees north.  Red means a node was deleted, blue
>means it was modified. "Modified" could mean location change and/or
>tag changes. It only goes up to zoom 11 and that will probably be all.
>This is partially technical (I'm rendering tiles using Maperitive
>and pushing its limits already) and partially legal. This is not
>intended as a map to let you retrieve the location of deleted nodes by
>decliners. It is simply a guide to finding out where the bot had the
>most impact and to direct remapping efforts.
>
>Also, there will be no updates to this map. There isn't much to update
>once a node is deleted and redacted. So don't expect things to
>disappear as you remap.
>
>Anyway, Hope it helps a little. I have a couple of ideas for other
>layers too. I'll have to see what I can come up with this weekend.
>
>Toby

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.