[Talk-us] Map of bot node edits

Sax-Barnett, Melelani BarnettM at TriMet.org
Fri Jul 20 19:25:46 BST 2012

Toby said:

>Alright... I got something running.

>http://ni.kwsn.net/~toby/OSM/maps/redaction.html

Thanks, Toby! I would love to see it zoomed in a little more if you get around to it.

I also wanted to share a strategy with everyone that I'm using for finding the ways that were edited by the redaction bot:

Step 1) Subscribe to ITO OSM Mapper http://www.itoworld.com/static/openstreetmap_tools/osm_mapper.html (it's free and just takes a minute)
Step 2) Set up an area or areas that you are interested in for viewing
Step 3) View by sessions to help you find the OSMF Redaction Account User, and click on that user
Step 4) Export to KML
Step 5) Use your method of choice to convert this KML to OSM ( I brought it into QuantumGIS, then merged a few files together before saving out as a shapefile. Then I used ogr-to-osm to create the .osm file )
Step 6) Use the .osm file as a diff in JOSM/your editor of choice to check each way one-by-one. Delete as you go.

I hope some of you find this useful! This is what my coworker and I will be using for the larger Portland, OR area, though we've already found & fixed some problems in the meantime.

My best,
Mele Sax-Barnett
TriMet GIS - OpenStreetMap Improvement Project
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mele%20Sax-Barnett
twitter @pdxmele