[Talk-us] flyers / brochures

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jul 25 18:45:02 BST 2012

Hi,

On 25.07.2012 19:36, Richard Weait wrote:
>> Thanks, that's helpful. I haven't looked at the full PDF (really slow
>> connection right now) - in your opinion, does this need adapting to 1)
>> The N-American situation and 2) 2012?
>
> I'd go with it, unchanged, as a first run.  Invest the time in
> customizing it if the rest of the plan (printing, ordering, shipping)
> are successful.

In my experience, the single most expensive bit about the flyers is
distribution. Printing 10k flyers costs ~ EUR 130 or so here in Germany
(so, 1.3 cent per piece), but re-packaging them into easily shippable
cartons of 100 or 200pcs and mailing them to individual mappers or local
groups costs ~ 1.8 cent per piece on average, not counting time spent.

I had tried to find someone in the US to distribute the English flyer; I
had someone willing to sponsor the cost of printing but nobody I spoke
to felt able to actually handle distribution.

Bye
Frederik