[Talk-us] flyers / brochures

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Jul 25 19:41:33 BST 2012

Toby,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, that's helpful. I haven't looked at the full PDF (really slow
>> connection right now) - in your opinion, does this need adapting to 1)
>> The N-American situation and 2) 2012?
>
> Well it does prominently talk about the CC license which won't be
> accurate in another couple of weeks. I also see osmarender on the
> globe which doesn't exist any more and the old style logo... but those
> are pretty minor things. The license bit would be the biggest thing
> that should probably be updated if a new batch is being printed.

That's a fair point. The license info should be correct. Thinking
about that - any replacement text should deal with ODbL proper and not
the license change which is a temporary hiccup that will be forgotten
soon.

I think the old logo is more powerful in print than the new one (which
seems to have been designed mostly with screen in mind), but we can't
keep using different ones.

I have always found Osmarenderer ugly and especially for print. It
would be nice to include some different OSM visualizations (watercolor
maybe) to show the versatility of open data, but it should also be
balanced and uncluttered (it's a tiny brochure if I remember
correctly). Anyway, I am not a designer...

--
martijn van exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com