[Talk-us] flyers / brochures

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Jul 26 06:20:14 BST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Steven Johnson <sejohnson8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm guessing I have a couple hundred of those flyers. I got them from Steve
>> C, who sent them to me last year. He may have more, in which case you could
>> save the cost of another print run. Not sure if he monitors this list
>> nowadays, but worth asking him.
>
> I was sure I gave you several hundred from my trip to London.

I don't recall that, but anyway, I'm all out now.

> I still have several hundred myself (though maybe less than 200).
>
> Order fulfillment services probably don't make sense here due to the
> high cost of using them vs low cost of the item itself, or I'd make
> some suggestions on order fulfillment houses I know.

What is an order fulfilment service? I was going to call some local
printers and ask for a quote based on the PDF or the SVG.

> I'm going to continue using the fliers I have but I would love to see
> new ones. I'd also love to see new high vis jackets made up!

Excellent idea. I have 10 hi-viz jackets here. I don't know if it
makes sense to ship those back and forth to wherever a mapping party
is.
It's a shame cafepress does not do hi viz vests. It would be very easy
to set up an OSM shop with them and offer them for sale to anyone
wanting to order one.
I looked around and custom hi viz vests can be had for around $25 a
piece (with custom logo) if you order a reasonable amount of them[1].

On a related note, I was thinking about a traveling mapping party kit:
a bunch of GPSes, swag, some vests, instruction leaflets. A neat idea
in itself, but I feel the US is just too big to make that practical.

Martijn

[1] see here for example:
http://www.logosoftwear.com/product/16116/the-d-o-t-vest
--