[Talk-us] flyers / brochures

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:23:04 BST 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Steven Johnson <sejohnson8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm guessing I have a couple hundred of those flyers. I got them from Steve
>>> C, who sent them to me last year. He may have more, in which case you could
>>> save the cost of another print run. Not sure if he monitors this list
>>> nowadays, but worth asking him.
>>
>> I was sure I gave you several hundred from my trip to London.
>
> I don't recall that, but anyway, I'm all out now.

It would be hard to recall something that happened to Steven. :)

>> I still have several hundred myself (though maybe less than 200).
>>
>> Order fulfillment services probably don't make sense here due to the
>> high cost of using them vs low cost of the item itself, or I'd make
>> some suggestions on order fulfillment houses I know.
>
> What is an order fulfilment service? I was going to call some local
> printers and ask for a quote based on the PDF or the SVG.

They're a company who keeps a product in inventory and sells it. But
the items need to be high volume and high value to make sense.

> On a related note, I was thinking about a traveling mapping party kit:
> a bunch of GPSes, swag, some vests, instruction leaflets. A neat idea
> in itself, but I feel the US is just too big to make that practical.

To sell, I fear the GPSes make it cost prohibitive.

To lend, I suspect the GPSes make it hard to seed.

But hey I'd love to be proven wrong.

- Serge