[Talk-us] Discardable TIGER tags

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 20:54:32 BST 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> I'm all for upload_uuid being removed automatically.  As for
> tiger:separated, is it possible to remove the tag only if it's set to
> "no"?  The 1.4% that are set to something else should probably be
> reviewed manually.

Might be possible but not the way I was hoping to implement it to
match existing code. Has anyone ever used a tiger:separated tag to
guide them to something that needs review? I have found a few "yes"
values that were incorrect. The rest were pretty obviously dual
carriageway on aerial imagery and the tag didn't really help me... And
once it is mapped as dual carriageway in OSM the tag is misleading.
That way no longer needs to be marked as separated since it now has
two parallel ways representing it.

Toby