[Talk-us] Discardable TIGER tags

David ``Smith'' vidthekid at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 18:49:54 BST 2012

Personally, I think there should be a tag to differentiate between a
one-way road and half of a divided road; yes, a human can look at the map
and make that determination instantly, but a computer requires some
advanced analysis.  (I can imagine some extra-nice rendering could benefit
from this information…)  Though I don't think such a tag belongs in tiger:
namespace, the presence of tiger:separated is a half-decent hint for now.
On the other hand, tiger:separated=no can go.

The only use case I can imagine for keeping tiger:cfcc is if one is
frustrated at the inconsistent application of different highway values, and
would rather render by CFCC instead.  However, it would make a lot more
sense just to render directly from the most recent TIGER data in that
case.  To conclude, tiger:cfcc can go.

PS I find it very annoying that replies don't go back to the list by default