[Talk-us] Special issues in LA remap

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Wed Jun 6 06:40:01 BST 2012

Perhaps some who know JOSM could take a look at the most recent
uploads by "blars" to see what the effect of reverting those changes would be.

At 07:36 PM 6/5/2012, you wrote:
>It seems we are speaking on many levels here.
>
>NE2 talks of a redaction bot:  powerful scripting so intelligent it
>is not quite yet built (scripting coupled with lack of consensus
>isn't power).  Charlotte, a seriously dedicated user, wants to
>reduce skull-aching editing, clearly seeing a pattern of edits by a
>non-CT user.  OSM has a license change coming up.  There are
>intermediate functions going on like facilitation and reminding of
>purpose and the need to achieve consensus.  John says "there are
>likely clever ways to duck out old noisy TIGER and bring in new,
>better TIGER...(and more talk is required, yes)."
>
>The right thoughts, words, intentions and actions, right here, right
>now, pretty much gets us to many finish lines.
>
>Let's make this a shining example.  Let's decide that powerful
>(almost magic) bot-logic (like redaction and to perhaps some degree,
>changeset revert plugin) "takes out these blars edits."
>
>How?
>
>Much of this process might seem like only chalk-and-watercolors to
>some readers.  I see good chunks of it now largely sketched out.
>Sure, "How?" are the meaty parts, but we have a lot of meatiness in
>this project.
>
>Think, speak (type), intend, do.
>
>Terrific project, this here OSM.
>
>Cutting to the chase and finish line,
>
>SteveA
>California

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.