[Talk-us] Huffmeister Road near Cypress, TX

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 04:38:33 BST 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 22:23 -0500, Ian Dees wrote:
> >
> > Using Potlatch 1's "undelete" function I found the IDs of the
> > Huffmeister Road you mentioned:
> >

> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/15457600 and
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/89356566 (for example)
>
> Is this "undelete" still present in Potlatch 2?

Nope.

> > From the history for this ways
> > (http://osm.mapki.com/history/way.php?id=15457600
> > and http://osm.mapki.com/history/way.php?id=89356566) I don't see an
> > obvious reason for the delete, so I recommend that you send a message
> > to the mappers that deleted the road and ask them why they did it.
>
> Messages are in progress now.

Excellent!

> > If you're in the area, feel free to fix it yourself if you know the
> > road is there.
>
> I would if I had more confidence in what I was doing. I may still try,
> but I'm going to see what the response is from both of the mappers that
> did the deletes.
>
> I'm still getting the hang of this. This is much more interesting than
> Wikipedia, but at the same time, much harder to figure out.

Welcome to OSM. Glad you're sticking to it. We know editing is rather
tricky (it's tough to begin with and our tools aren't the easiest to grasp
for beginners), but I'm sure you'll get lots of help if you ask for it.
Since you mentioned you were on IRC (and I remember seeing your question --
I didn't have time to answer right then), I suggest hanging out there and
asking questions as they come up. There's almost always someone there who
can help. Except for the one time when you asked before. :)

-Ian