[Talk-us] Work on Arizona rail lines deleted

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:06:06 BST 2012

On 6/19/2012 1:27 PM, Charlotte Wolter wrote:
> Dear US folks,
>
> I did a lot of work on the railroad that parallels I-40 across Arizona,
> from Gallup, N.M., to Flagstaff, Ariz. There are two parallel tracks
> with different names,
Not sure what you mean by this. The Gallup Subdivision (Belen-East
Winslow) and Seligman Subdivision (East Winslow-Needles) both operate
(at least east of Seligman) using centralized traffic control on 2+ main
tracks.

 > but OSM had only one of those tracks. I added the
> second rail way and numerous side tracks, following the Bing imagery. It
> was hours and hours of work.
> Now someone has deleted most of the second line without contacting me or
> discussing the issue on the mail list. Anyone know anything about this?

I assume you're talking about east of Holbrook. It's hard to tell, but
looking at http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/137620560/history in
JOSM before and after changeset 10173363, I see that it's now on the
south track but had been on the north track.

In that changeset, you deleted one of the ways (a two-node crossover)
you had previously added:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/137364047/history
and you deleted a node where the siding had joined the north main track:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1506904532/history