[Talk-us] Contacting non-responders with less than a month to go

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:37:52 GMT 2012

I've been having so-so success on contacting people in the US.  I've sometimes just looked around on the License Change map across the US (and in a few places in Canada like Toronto since I lived there for a bit) and just contact the people I find that show up when I click on the names.  I've even sometimes took a stab in the dark and used there OSM ID and e-mailed a corresponding GMail e-mail address (got lucky doing that once for a Pittsburgh editor). Sometimes I've been lucky to get the person to accept in less than an hour sometimes (once had a guy accept in less than 5 minutes after sending the PM!). I would say my ratio of getting people to accept is at about 30%, maybe as high as 35%, but it might drop if nobody in the recent batch of PM's I send out accept. BTW Toby, I hope you've been listing the people you've been contacting here so people don't contact the same people at the same time. (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Asking_users_to_accept_the_ODbL) - James