[Talk-us] Remapping from TIGER 2011

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:48:58 GMT 2012

Yesterday I did a serious bit of remapping from TIGER 2011 data in the
LA area. I wanted to see what the process would be like and how much I
could get done in a reasonable amount of time. I just wrote up a quick
blog post about it and would welcome any comments on the subject.

http://ksmapper.blogspot.com/2012/03/remapping-using-tiger-2011.html

The one user I mention in the post is blars. I'm not sure if anyone on
the west coast has been holding out on remapping, waiting to see if he
will accept the new terms or not. Based on a couple of different
sources, I believe it is highly unlikely that he will accept. This
will leave parts of the west coast looking like the San Andreas Fault
has unleashed "the big one" so there is a lot of work to do.

http://yosmhm.neis-one.org/?blars=&zoom=5&lat=37.96469&lon=-114.70606&layers=B0T&u=blars

Toby