[Talk-us] Remapping from TIGER 2011

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Mar 11 23:12:10 GMT 2012

On 3/11/2012 6:48 PM, Toby Murray wrote:
>   I just wrote up a quick
> blog post about it and would welcome any comments on the subject.

  Last year I did all the new subdivisions in my whole county using
TIGER 2010 against the original import.   There were approximately 120
new subdivisions to add since then.   It was all a manual process.  I
want to revisit Josh's handy new conflation plugin some more with this
process in mind.

   I noticed the same thing you did - with large areas, it's easy to
lose track of the boundaries of what you've already touched -
particularly in mountainous areas.