[Talk-us] More TIGER importing

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu Mar 15 00:37:59 GMT 2012

On 3/14/2012 11:44 AM, Alexander Jones wrote:
> Yikes, I already uploaded it! :X The changeset is here[1]. Please revert if
> necessary. I'll be asleep the rest of the day, and I'll be back at around 7
> PM Central.

   I'd say you did a good job - everything looks to be connected.  Per
latest standards: here is an update for the county without tiger: tags
and with like-named ways already combined.  (We're updating procedures
as we go).

http://www.greenvilleopenmap.info/Yuba_CA.zip

   Although roads will be split later as more details are surveyed
(speed limits, bus routes, etc), multiple segments of the same street
can be (c)ombined in JOSM to make future edits easier.

  One thing I see is that part of McDevitt Drive is named just
'McDevitt'.   I frequently see this in TIGER data, and I'm guessing both
of those would be McDevitt Drive.

  The tiger:reviewed=no tag usage varies with each person, but generally
anything validated by a human against local knowledge or an aerial image
doesn't need the tiger:reviewed tag at all.