[Talk-us] suburban superblocks that nobody wants to survey

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Thu Mar 15 22:43:58 GMT 2012

On 3/15/2012 4:59 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> lots of driving and all you get is street names, since everything else
> is single-family houses.

And address points, amenities, water features, gates, and whatever else
might be around, maybe a bridge or a stream or something. Oh, and don't
forget the streets themselves if aerial imagery is outdated. It's not
terribly exciting, but it's not terribly hard, either. A few hundred
house subdivision only takes a couple of hours at most to map and input.

If all I wanted was street names, I'd ask the planning commission.

Besides, there's some amount of fun that comes from "beating" Google. ;)

-Nathan