[Talk-us] suburban superblocks that nobody wants to survey

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 02:15:04 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 3/15/2012 6:43 PM, Nathan Mills wrote:
>
>> On 3/15/2012 4:59 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>>
>>> lots of driving and all you get is street names, since everything else
>>> is single-family houses.
>>>

>> And address points
>>

> How does this work? Do you stop at every house and write down the address?

I've done audio recordings on my phone as I drive slowly or can be biking
or walking.  :)  Best with hands free.

Yell out the house numbers (and other features), one side of the street at
a time (optionally with gps tracks, but USGS imagery is good)

I have only so much time to drive around though and takes time to
postprocess and upload.  It's nice to see a bunch of new mappers in my area
recently.

Cheers,
Katie

Katie Filbert
President, Wikimedia District of Columbia
http://wikimediadc.org
filbertk at gmail.com
@filbertkm / @wikimediadc