[Talk-us] suburban superblocks that nobody wants to survey

Rich richlv at nakts.net
Fri Mar 16 08:10:52 GMT 2012

On 03/16/12 01:10, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 3/15/2012 6:43 PM, Nathan Mills wrote:
>> On 3/15/2012 4:59 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>>> lots of driving and all you get is street names, since everything else
>>> is single-family houses.
>>
>> And address points
>
> How does this work? Do you stop at every house and write down the address?

my workflow for the most efficient data collection :

2 persons in a car. one takes photos and instructs the other on the route.
later photos are correlated to the gpx based on their timestamps - and i
have location-identified photos of housenumbers, shops, pubs,
restaurants, water hydrants and lots and lots of other features.

there is only one problem with this approach - i can collect lots more
data than i can process, sleeping factored in ;)
--
  Rich