[Talk-us] [Imports] Uploads to City of Salisbury, MD

Marc Zoss marczoss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:04:14 GMT 2012

I briefly downloaded all sby:bldgtype-tagged ways and relation of Maryland through the overpass-api. Then removed the ones having only a sby:bldgtype tag, run the validator and deleted the duplicated nodes and ways.
This would result in a changeset to remove the roughly 71'000 duplicates nodes and ways.

If the area was edited since the import and reverting gets tricky, this might be the option to go, at least the result looks ok at the first glance.

Please also note that the conversion step seems to add a building=yes tag on on inner ring of building polygons () which is certainly bad tagging, despite the correct rendering (52 occurrences, so could be fixed manually).