[Talk-us] [Imports] Uploads to City of Salisbury, MD

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu Mar 22 12:51:05 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Marc Zoss <marczoss at gmail.com> wrote:
> I briefly downloaded all sby:bldgtype-tagged ways and relation of Maryland through the overpass-api. Then removed the ones having only a sby:bldgtype tag, run the validator and deleted the duplicated nodes and ways.
> This would result in a changeset to remove the roughly 71'000 duplicates nodes and ways.
>
> If the area was edited since the import and reverting gets tricky, this might be the option to go, at least the result looks ok at the first glance.
>
> Please also note that the conversion step seems to add a building=yes tag on on inner ring of building polygons () which is certainly bad tagging, despite the correct rendering (52 occurrences, so could be fixed manually).

Thanks for doing that, as that was the next step I was going to try. I
posted some regarding the changesets here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Nick_SPW#Salisbury.2C_Maryland_import

I think perhaps we should revert a subset of the changesets, such as
the dangling nodes, and then use your method to handle the rest.

-Josh