[Talk-us] Remapping coastlines

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 08:22:27 GMT 2012

Paul Norman has been looking at coastlines as it relates to the
license change. Turns out we have a big problem along the west coast.
Does anyone know what the best usable source for coastline data in the
US is? Surely there is something better than PGS? I poked around
looking at some NHD data but didn't see an explicit coastline data
set. But since I haven't worked with NHD much and, being in a
landlocked state, haven't touched coastlines at all I'm looking for
some input from someone with more experience on the subject.

Thoughts?

Toby