[Talk-us] 25or6to4 NHD imports

Jason Straub straub20 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 09:44:10 BST 2012

Howdy,  After discussion with Toby, I am updating the list with my import efforts.  First, hopefully this message goes through, as none of my previous ones have worked...  Second, was introduced to a better way to create a new account, so the TexasNHD account will be used for uploads.  Third, I have been taking the NHD shapefiles, pulling out only the areas more than 0.5 km^2 for this round of uploads.  This edited shapefile was run through shp-to-osm.jar with the NHD rules file on the wiki, then uploaded piece by piece through JOSM.  For error checking, have then redownloaded the areas that were uploaded and doublechecked for errors/open ways/dupe notes/etc.  Once (if) we have minutely diffs going into the APIs, I will do a triplecheck for any more glitches.

Jason
25or6to4