[Talk-us] 25or6to4 NHD imports

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat May 5 04:51:44 BST 2012

Minutely diffs are currently running from
http://planet.osm.org/redaction-period/

You should read the caution first before consuming.

>From what I saw the imports were fairly clean. Some large objects, but
that's to be expected with the large lakes in the region you were working
in. If you're reviewing each object as you add it, which is certainly
manageable with a size limitation, then this kind of falls into the grey
area between an import and not.

If you're running shp-to-osm.jar with the rules on the wiki you should be
careful on some of the less common features. Lakes and such are likely to be
fine but some of the less common NHD FCode to OSM tag mappings aren't great.
Again, you're not likely to run to big issues if you stick to > 0.5 square
km areas since this will exclude most of them.