[Talk-us] Difficult USA mapper(s)

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Nov 3 04:26:55 GMT 2012

Martijn van Exel writes:
 > 1) I don't think it is a good idea to come up with a code of conduct
 > as a response to particular cases.

Hard cases make bad law, yes. But it's not a difficult decision to say
"Don't change other people's edits unless you can show that they are
editing in variance to convention" or "Don't change an edit made by a
local person unless you have ground truth to show that they are wrong,
and can present that evidence to anyone who questions your edit."

 > But to come back to Richard Weait's original questions: Yes, I think
 > the DWG should act on behalf of the US community here even though it
 > seems to be a matter of conduct instead of a pure data issue.

I agree also.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog