[Talk-us] TIGER expansion bot

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Nov 28 04:03:58 GMT 2012

On 11/27/12 10:10 PM, Toby Murray wrote:
> Time for concrete examples and tests.
>
> I just ran a test file through the bot. It had a single way in it with
> the following tags:
> highway=residential
> name=Main St SW
> tiger:name_base=Main
> tiger:name_type=St
> tiger:name_direction_suffix=SW
>
> This resulted in the name being expanded to "Main Street Southewst"
>
> Then I left all tags the same but changed name="Southwest Main Street"
> and the bot did not make any changes.
>
> This seems correct to me.

i tested a little differently, but looked at the same issues.

i have a recent extract of the capital district of ny that i pulled for
mkgmap testing,
and i am aware of a number of roads whose names i edited recently in
that extract.
i tested both cases where the name of the road changed, and the type of
the road
changed (from road to street). the bot behaved correctly in each case i
looked at. if the
name field had diverged from unchanged tiger: tags, the altered name
field was
retained.

richard